TechSpot

Decent headset - not noise cancelling for gaming?

By fdart17
Feb 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I'm browsing around on newegg for a new gaming headset but all the quality headsets I see in the 30-70$ range are noise-cancelling. My brother and I LAN often so I would prefer non-noise cancelling headphones (plus I find anything things that completely cover your ears to often be uncomfortable if gaming for over an hour).

This is the best I've managed to find so far : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104319&Tpk=logitech Gaming Headset G330

According to various reviews they have great comfort, mediocre durability and sub-par sound and voice quality, and are only somewhat noise cancelling.

I think the noise cancelling and great comfort outweigh the need here for quality sound and voice quality. If I'm going to watch a movie or listen to music I will use the speakers.

Edit: Must have a mic.
    Edit2: Apparently newegg does not ship to Canada?

Thanks!

2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082

I have a pair of these. They are circumaural but the cushions are fairly soft, and they don't hurt my head or ears after extended gaming. They do get a little warm. They sound pretty good, but I turn down the bass a bit on my sound card so explosions don't drowned out important details I might need to find other people on a map.

newegg.CA should deliver to Canada :p maybe you have a different issue you're not fully aware of yet.

3. fdart17

fdart17 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 39

I was definately on .COM! Thanks for the reply. I think those were a close second but are now my primary choice.

4. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

I'm glad I could help.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.