Decrypt an encrypted file in XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
i had my system in a network previously....i had my username in the network as george.i encrypted a file in the id george (george@academy)...now i hav my system with me.... it has its own admin id as administrator...but iam unable to decrypt my prevoiusly encrypted file...please help me....reply me to <email address removed>

Moderators Note: I've removed your email address from the post. Its generally a bad idea to put your email in posts because its easily picked up by spammers. Plus it shows to me that you don't intend to come back and see if your problem is solved, you'd rather have someone else go through the extra trouble to email you. IF it is that essential you know instantly when someone has an answer or suggestion there is a "thread subscription" pulldown menu when you create a thread (or click go advanced after editing) that you can set so you get an email notification when someone replies.

Oh, and I also removed the bold. We can read plain text just fine here.

-SNGX1275

Encrypted files and folders apply to XP professional. If you are not able to decrypt a file, then the certificate is not valid or the key is corrupt or not present. There is no documentation how to maintain the integrity of the key. The only advice is to copy the certificate to a floppy or other media & keep it safe.

If encrypted files were shared across the network, I believe that involves another form of certificate. (I never could grasp the concept). I would try to obtain a copy of that certificate from a network user, and give it a try. There is a procedure to save on a media & import to your machine.

On a different Board, the user concluded that the encryption key incorporated "DNA" from the OS when the only change was to re-load the OS on the same hard drive on the same computer. In theory, the user files were not touched, and the applications remained. However, the encrypted files could not be read.

A George said:
hello,
i had my system in a network previously....i had my username in the network as george.i encrypted a file in the id george (george@academy)...now i hav my system with me.... it has its own admin id as administrator...but iam unable to decrypt my prevoiusly encrypted file...please help me....reply me to <email address removed>

Moderators Note: I've removed your email address from the post. Its generally a bad idea to put your email in posts because its easily picked up by spammers. Plus it shows to me that you don't intend to come back and see if your problem is solved, you'd rather have someone else go through the extra trouble to email you. IF it is that essential you know instantly when someone has an answer or suggestion there is a "thread subscription" pulldown menu when you create a thread (or click go advanced after editing) that you can set so you get an email notification when someone replies.

Oh, and I also removed the bold. We can read plain text just fine here.

-SNGX1275
sir i dont know much about computers ....and iam not clear about what is said above...thank u for removing my id.......now the network is not available and i hav formatted my system and installed Xp ...i hav my encrypted files in my hard disk and iam unable to open it and copy it....

sir i dont know much about computers ....and iam not clear about what is said above...thank u for removing my id.......now the network is not available and i hav formatted my system and installed Xp ...i hav my encrypted files in my hard disk and iam unable to open it and copy it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back