Deep cool HSF higher temp than stock HSF

Pachupappy

So I just bought a deep cool ice edge mini v2 today and put it up on my PC along with a Deep cool Z3 Thermal paste.
Stock Heatsink Fan : 35~45 degree
Deep cool Ice edge : 45~60 degree

the heatsink is sitting perfectly to the CPU. how is this possible?
NOTE : before I changed it to deepcool hsf/thermal paste I have an unknown / generic thermal paste + stock HSF(35~45)

I haven't try the generic thermal paste + deep cool HSF.

anyone knows what's the problem?

The temperature you are indicating suggests to me that the heatsink is not resting flat on the cpu.

Also, possible that the thermal paste/pad, etc is too thick. After cleaning heatsink and top of cpu (I use q-tip, coffee filter and alcohol), apply only a small 'pea' of thermal paste.

Some of these come with pair of push/pull fans? if so, make sure flow is one direction.

System configurations vary - confirm that the ventilation path is open.

I think this unit typically comes with a pre-installed thermal paste pad with a plastic cover- did you remove this?

To get more specific, you need to provide specifics about you system.

The temperature you are indicating suggests to me that the heatsink is not resting flat on the cpu.

Also, possible that the thermal paste/pad, etc is too thick. After cleaning heatsink and top of cpu (I use q-tip, coffee filter and alcohol), apply only a small 'pea' of thermal paste.

Some of these come with pair of push/pull fans? if so, make sure flow is one direction.

System configurations vary - confirm that the ventilation path is open.

I think this unit typically comes with a pre-installed thermal paste pad with a plastic cover- did you remove this?

To get more specific, you need to provide specifics about you system.
yes I removed the stock thermal paste on it. I'll clean it up now, I'll update you.

procie : i3 3220

Hi! you're correct the heatsink wasn't seated properly. I thought Deep cool's locks are made the way you can shake the HS a little when its already attached. never been so wrong. thanks mate

Back