Default monitor has been turned off in control panel on laptop

hi,my default monitor on my laptop has been turned off in the control panel/...the secondary monitior isnt enabled either,so i cant get into it turn it back..so im left with a blank screen and i dont know what to do...my laptop is a dell latitude d610,running on xp...thanks ...jim

A little confusion on my part here! Are you talking about (two) external monitors being hooked up to one lap top computer? Or are you referring to the (default) monitor, being it's own built in screen being the (default) which wont work? And if the built in LCD screen won't work, are we talking about you hooking up an external monitor, which will not work as well? And something about you shutting down your computer ability to show itself on a monitor that may have some how been turned off, probably through your XP's (control panel) under (display)!

This was just me thinking of these question "out loud", maybe if we could have a little bit more insight to your problem, we could advise on how to fix it!

Keep us in the loop...............:)

sorry zen..more info

its the screen on the actual laptop..a friend was trying to enable a secondary monitor in the control panel,but succeeded in turning the default monitor off(which is the actual laptop screen)..because i cant get secondary monitor on,there is no way or correcting the situation as the screen doesnt come on...i was hoping that there would be a simple solution to this...when i start up i get the loading screen for windows xp,but then its just a blank screen with a low backlight..ive tried pressing f8 to enable external monitor,but the same happens..the monitor(s)...(ive tried numerous)..recognises something,but its just a low light and blank..thanks for the help

...continued...

i basically just want the screen on my laptop to come pon...if i could get into control panel,display options...i would be able to correct it..but with no screen its pretty impossible!

+-im pressimng fn and f8..theres a click of recognition on the second monitor but nothing comes up...the same with the numerous monitors ive tried..maybe a graphics card issue??

Back