Default picture

By learninmypc
Mar 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I was curious so I went to My Documents folder/My Pictures & was looking thru the Sample Pictures & was wondering where that picture is everybody sees when they first boot up their pc. It wasn't in the folder so I had to google it,this one
    Default.png
    So, does anybody know why its not in with the Sample pics?
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,754   +164

Its In Xp wall paper file.If I remember right. In windows search type wallpaper. See if that brings you a folder up. In may be in there.
  3. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,171   +229

Bummer, Search is complete. There are no results to display.
    Oh well, no biggie. More curious than a need to know. Thank you.:)
  4. Cobalt006

Ok Sorry might have been the wrong OS I was thinking of.
  5. learninmypc

No problem, more curiosity than necessity.. I just looked in my W7 sample pictures & its not in there, either. Could it be a mystery ? :)
  6. Cobalt006

It maybe to bad I do not have a xp computer here. I would try and hunt it down. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. learninmypc

I checked both my XP & W7 & its not there. Just another MS mystery. :)
  8. Cobalt006

Your right. Looked at a old win 98 computer. There it was LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  9. learninmypc

Ok,thanks.
  10. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,335   +49

How it got into Win98 I know not, because as Cobalt says, it is the standard XP background 'bliss.bmp' and is found at c:\windows\web\wallpaper. You probably have to have 'see hidden' or 'see system files' set on before you see it.
  11. Cobalt006

I was refering to the wallpaper file . Not that exact wallpaper from win XP. Sorry for the miss understanding.

12. learninmypc

Ok, its no biggie. I just thought it odd everybody see's it/saw it when they booted their XP up for the first time, yet it wasn't in my XP My Pictures sample picture folder. Thank you guru's for your kind input :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.