TechSpot

Delete Search History?

By jakethesnake
Feb 28, 2005
  1. Hey. I very, very frequently use Google, MSN & Yahoo Search. When I am searching for something, it lists all of the thing that I have searched for before. (IE: If I click on the search box, it brings down a list of everything that I have seached for before.) It really starts to bug me. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Quite simple.
    In IE, click on Tools, select Internet Options. The following screen has a button 'Clear History'. Click on it and confirm. You could set the Days to keep lower, e.g. to 3, 2 or 1, up to you.

3. Blanca

Blanca TS Rookie

How can I delete all the image history from Yahoo and Google?

Hello!
    I don't want to see all the the image search I've done before when I try to look for something new. I use Google and Yahoo image search frequently for my university research work. How can I delete the image search history, let's start with Yahoo.

4. Grafficks

Grafficks TS Rookie Posts: 302

You turn off Auto-Complete via browser options, and it does not differ from yahoo to Google.

For Firefox, go to Tools>Options>Privacy>Saved Forms and uncheck the box

For IE, go to Tools>Internet Options>Content>Auto Complete and adjust the settings accordingly.

5. hypaspid

hypaspid TS Rookie Posts: 26

Or get CCleaner (its free) and run it

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.