Delete Windows.0 - where's the ini file to delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...new guy here.
My XP SP3 system is running slowly and I discover i have another version on wondows on - Windows.0
Got no idea how it got there.
IF I delete it will my system speed up?
How to delete.
I see other posts how to delete the ini file but I dont know how to navigate there. Did a search but ended up at a folder called pss...

Any advice about the steps needed to delete windows.0 would be appreciated. Thx

Wow. I had never seen/heard of a "Windows.0" file before and first guessed it was something other then a Windows install (and usually one installs different Windows installs into different disk partitons.)

But i just checked and look here. (fyi.. i'd strongly advise you backup all your stuff first just in case anything goes wrong during the uninstall attempt

Thx for the reply.
Firstly I cloned C drive.

Then...
Had a go at removal but hit a snag -
when deleting Windows.0, a message comes up saying cant remove Flash10.ocx so I rebooted into Safe Mode.
Tried again, same message - went to Control Panel\Add Remove and deleted all Flash apps, retried - same problem. Back to Normal Boot Up - made a back up of the registry then did a cleanup of the registry. Tried again - no go. Searched for Flash10.ocx - it's not there, so searched for *.ocx and low and behold is lid'le 'ol flash10 as sculking at WINDOWS.0\system32\Macromed\Flash....nothing in Windows [the normal boot version] so being the malicious type I am I tried to squished it - delete some call it but it will not delete. I'm sending this in then rebooting to Safe Mode to try to delete it there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back