Deleted audio drivers, please help

By brandon123
Jan 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. ok guys i believe it was an audio driver. it was called SoundMax. i thought it was something else so i deleted and come to find out i have no more sound! i just wanted to know if anyone can help me please!
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,410   +213

Use System Restore to a point before you deleted the audio driver.
  3. brandon123

brandon123 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

. when i go to system restore and then click the link "what is system restore" it specifically says it doesnt reinstall what has be deleted or uninstalled.
  4. mailpup

Try it anyway. If you aren't satisfied, you can undo the system restore if you want.
  5. brandon123

brandon123 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

nope didnt work.
  6. mailpup

Then you'll have to download a new sound driver and install it. If you have a PC made by a major manufacturer such as Dell, HP, Gateway, eMachines, etc., go to their website for your driver. If you have a self-built or custom built PC, go to the motherboard manufacturer's website for your driver. If you still have your motherboard driver CD, you can use it if you wish.

BTW, please do not create duplicate posts for the same problem.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.