TechSpot

Deleting all cookies and super cookies

By abbasi
Sep 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all,

Is there a way to completely delete all kind of cookies stored on the machine, including super cookies and any other kind of them?
    If not, can reinstalling the OS (Windows 7) with formatting the C: drive, remove all of them?

Thanks.
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,981   +1,488

That is pretty extreme just to clear cookies.

I can't vouch for all browsers, but IE and Opera can be setup to clear cookies every time you exit the browser. Opera allows you to manage cookies, so that only newer cookies are deleted.

On a personal note:
    Once I noticed how many cookies were loaded just by logging into Techspot, I said the hell with trying to manage cookies. There was just to many of them, after viewing so few pages. It made finding cookies, you might want to keep very difficult.
    JC713 likes this.
  3. hood6558

hood6558 TS Booster Posts: 292   +44

You might try a program like Advanced Uninstaller Pro, it's clean up utility let's you selectively delete all cookies (for each browser), and "protect" the ones you want to keep.
  4. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

The omnipotent and free CCleaner lets you choose which cookies to delete and which to keep. It can also be set to delete Flash cookies.

Be aware that some sites may forget your login data if you delete their cookies. Others will simply replace the cookie the next time you visit.
    Dawn1113 likes this.
  5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,410   +314

6. abbasi

abbasi TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 326   +15

Thank you all guys:).
    I try to try ccleaner. If the problem was not solved I'll also inform you.
  7. abbasi

I used ccleaner and it solved my issue. Thanks so much. You are nice guys:).
  8. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

Glad to hear your problem is solved and thanks for providing feedback so that advisors know what works.
    abbasi and cliffordcooley like this.
  9. abbasi

You are very warmly welcome.:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.