TechSpot

Deleting conversations aka PMs

By learninmypc
Aug 26, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. How does one go about deleting old conversations/PM's?

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,240   +1,548

I'm not sure that's possible, you would then be making a decision for everyone else in the conversation.
    Try opening the conversation and then selecting to leave the conversation.

3. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,385   +240

Ok, I'm asking because some are months old. I'll try your suggestion, thanks.:)

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,590   +351

I'm familiar with the new paradigm of "conversations" as much as all of you are... but it'd appear there's no hard delete option, but that also means there's no longer a cap on the amount of messages that can be stored on your conversation inbox.

Actually there's a practical "delete"... from the XF forum:

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,481   +233

I just tried it and it appears that if you "leave" a conversation it will be deleted from your message list. Whether or not you choose to accept or ignore future messages will determine if the deletion is permanent or potentially not. Or so it seems. I actually don't know if the other participants already left the conversations.

6. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,385   +240

@Julio Thank you.
    @mailpup, yes,I did such & it disappeared. I thank all for the replies:)TS is Top notch(y)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.