Dell, Apple begin selling new high-end IPS displays

By Matthew
Sep 17, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Dell has begun selling a new 30-inch IPS display. Priced at $1,499 and due to ship in early October, the UltraSharp U3011 features an IPS panel with a roomy 2560x1600 resolution (16:10), and ships "factory-tuned to AdobeRGP and sRGB modes," saving you the hassle of calibrating the beast yourself.

Read the whole story
  2. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 Newcomer, in training Posts: 66

No pivot on the Dell? :(
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,228   +314

Boy, that Dell looks awful tempting for some tax return spending. I've been chomping at the bit for an IPS monitor. That one looks like it'll do the trick. :)
  4. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +97

I can dream.... :haha:
  5. phillai

phillai Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

Is the Apple 27-inch LED Cinema Display, better than the Dell U2711 27" display?
  6. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 Newcomer, in training Posts: 66

Dunno, both look very similar in specs but I think one's matte and one's gloss?
  7. Chazz

Chazz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616   +54

Im quite sure dell likes to use Matte displays on their 30 inchers. I have the 3007wfp-hc and that's matte..as well as the 3008. I'm unfamiliar with apple displays.

I don't really like Dell's computers but their displays(atleast the 30 inch) are top notch.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.