Dell Bios Password Protection

By ded1973
Dec 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Dell c840 and yesterday a student put a password on the computer while I was gone. Now when i turn it on the grey and white screen administrator password protection screen comes up. I have looked at some of the other threads to see if there solutions will work for me. I have tried the DST CD ISO Cd but it will not boot from The Cd apparently. I put in it in the drive and hit f12 and the screen still comes up. Is there any thing I can do to get rid of this.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

"Is there any thing I can do to get rid of this?"...

Yes, ask the student what the password is
  3. plasma dragon00

plasma dragon00 Newcomer, in training Posts: 192

[takes out sledgehammer] here, try this lol. not sure, ive never had to try this, but if its a desktop, ive heard taking out the CMOS battery for like a minute can fix it. if its a lappy, then i have no idea because i have absolutely no experience with them
  4. you use a 286

you use a 286 Newcomer, in training Posts: 112

while your computer is booting up, try openning your computer in recovery mode, then you cn reset your password, you have to know a little bit of code, but if you look around on the internet and you should find a site that will tell you how to
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.