DELL COMPUTER "SPEAKS" SPANISH NEEDS TO LEARN ENGLISH FOR USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello For The First Time! I Recently Acquired A Dell Latitude CPi 400XT Computer And Was ReallY Excited Until I Found It Had A SPANISH Keyboard. I Replaced The Keyboard With An English Language Board And Updated Bios To A-15. Original BIOS and Dell pages and opening are in English even before bios upgrade. Unfortunately, The Keyboard Does Not Work. For Example The "k" Key Prints A "2" And Esc Does Not Work. Apparently The Computer Thinks "en Espanol" So I Need To Gie It A Quickie English Lesson So I May Get It A Green Card To Work Here Legally. I Use My Keyboard And Load My W2k Onto A New Pre-Formatted Hard Drive That Did Not Come From Europe. According To Dell Tag Number Computer Came From Europe And They Will Not Tell Me What To Do. Is It A Code Fix Like When You Have Lost A Password On These, You Need An External Keyboard And A Code? I Would Really Appreciate Help On This And Again This Is My First Time Listing Here So I Thank You All In Advance.

Go to Control Panel/Regional and Language Options. There you can set your local language and keyboard to US English or UK English, depending on keyboard.
Your keyboard shows (on the top) 1-2-3-4 and above them are characters.
If above it shows !-"-£-$ you have UK.
If above it shows !-@-#-$ it is US.
That should be all, unless you have a Spanish language Windows as well.

I tried it but....

I appreciate the quick answer. However, although I was able to put in a previously formatted hard drive in and make changes on language, I am not so lucky on the keybvoard. I tried deleting the keyboard and now it will not reinstall. I ws hoping it would work with the US ewnglish keyboard by making the changes and pick it up as a plug andpllay device but nothing happened. Any thoughts appreciated and at least I am halfway there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back