Dell cuts Adamo 13 price, upgrades specs

By Jos
Dec 27, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. After more than a year since releasing its ultra-thin Adamo 13 laptop Dell has decided to lower its price tag and improve its hardware specs to make it more attractive to consumers. Previously priced at $999, the base model now costs $899 and features double the RAM at 4GB as well as a more powerful 2.1 GHz Core 2 Duo SL9600 processor (up from a 1.2 GHz SU9300), along with the standard 128GB solid-state drive and 64-bit Windows 7.

Read the whole story
  2. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,322   +263

I've always liked how the Adamo looked; too bad the 3 year service warranty plan costs like 60% of the actual laptop (unlike other laptops, finding replacement parts in addition to working with the slim clamshell design is not easy).
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

I absolutely love the design of the Adamo. This, in my opinion, is the direct competitor to the MacBook Pros, in terms of design and/or beauty.
  4. A real comparison...

13-inch Air
    Display: 1440x900 (20% more resolution)
    VideoCard: GeForce 320M (VASTLY superior to the Intel graphics chip in the Adamo)
    Battery Life: 7 Hours (You'd be lucky to get 3 Hours out of the Adamo in real world tests)
    Weight: 2.9 lbs ( more than a pound lighter )
    Glass multi-touch trackpad ( much better trackpad - read the reviews )
    SD card slot
    OS: OS X Snow Leopard (professional Domain-ready OS with tons of excellent applications on board)

+200$ more to get the Mac to 4GB and the same CPU as the Dell though the Mac will still run better than the dell at stock due to a more optimized OS.

The Adamo is a nice machine at a good price but it is no Macbook Air.