Dell D510 issues after HDD replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney1700

When I press the power button on my Dell, the 3 lock LEDs light up, but then turn off and the whole thing goes dead without anything ever coming up on the monitor. This started after I replaced the HDD to a larger one. I put the old one back in and still have the same prob. I replaced the Mobo, still the same prob. Any ideas? Jim

Up until now (for me) the problem has been the charging.
Does the charge light come on when you plug in the adapter?

If the battery is not charged, that light should always stay on. example: my laptop (toshiba) has a light, it appears green when charged, orange when charging. Try taking the battery out and turn it on...

Are you able to try a different power supply?
Is there a chance that something may have disconnected / loosened during the upgrade?
What is the condition of the battery, would it be charged?
Any info you can give could help :)

I don't have a diffwerent adaptor.
It was up and running after the upgrade. It suddenly froze. I turned the power off and it hasn't come up since.
Battery has tested good by Geek Squad.

You have residual drives that were installed when you installed something else. Get rid ot them, and it will return to normal.

How if I can't get the computer to come on?

Are you saying the computer doesn't come on at all now???
If everything was done right, either the adapter dowesn't work or static shock somewhere.
What check did Geek Squad do on the battery?

On the batt, they just checked to make sure it was good.
The computer is still doing what it was doing before, where the 3 lock lights come on, it sounds like the HDD is starting ot trying to start and then everything just goes dead. It does this whether the adaptor is plugged in, batt and adaptor or just batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back