DELL Deminsion 2300 motherboard HELP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys... from EzTechGuy

I have for myself and my wife, 2 matching DELL Deminsion 2300 pc's and LOVE Them!

Any how....

First off, here is the info. before the question im posting or asking.

Dell Deminsion 2300 Mother Board info

Identification
Deminsion motherboard manufacturer MiTAC International Corp.
Chipset Intel i845G Rev. A-1
Southbridge Intel 82801DB (ICH4)

BIOS
Brand Mitac Corp
Version A01

Display Adapter
Manufacturer Intel
Model 82845G/GL Graphics Controller Rev. 1

==========================================

OK... now...after that.

Question is....this.

Can you all help me find out what is the hightest CPU I can put in that motherboard in our 2300 pc's?

What Socket is our Dell Deminsion 2300 motherboards cpu is?

Are they for sure 100% sure Socket 423 OR what for sure Socket are they?

Ohh thank you and hope you all will post a reply?

EzTechGuy

According to Dell, your processor is either a P4 1.8 or a Celeron 1.7. Is this correct? If so, it should be a socket 478.

That is a hard question, to answer, as many manufacturers use brand name boards, built to their own specifications. You don't want to upgrade, your CPU, until your sure your warranty is expired. I would contact Dell, and find out the info, from them, so you don't run into trouble, and waste your money, on an upgrade, that won't work, or does damage to your system.

Download Everest Home, it will give all kinds of info about your computer: http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

cpu upgrade for dell 2300

EzTechGuy said:

Hey guys... from EzTechGuy

I have for myself and my wife, 2 matching DELL Deminsion 2300 pc's and LOVE Them!

Any how....

First off, here is the info. before the question im posting or asking.

Dell Deminsion 2300 Mother Board info

Identification
Deminsion motherboard manufacturer MiTAC International Corp.
Chipset Intel i845G Rev. A-1
Southbridge Intel 82801DB (ICH4)

BIOS
Brand Mitac Corp
Version A01

Display Adapter
Manufacturer Intel
Model 82845G/GL Graphics Controller Rev. 1

==========================================

OK... now...after that.

Question is....this.

Can you all help me find out what is the hightest CPU I can put in that motherboard in our 2300 pc's?

What Socket is our Dell Deminsion 2300 motherboards cpu is?

Are they for sure 100% sure Socket 423 OR what for sure Socket are they?

Ohh thank you and hope you all will post a reply?

EzTechGuy
HI THERE FELLOW DELL 2300, JUST YESTERDAY I WAS LOOKING FOR A CPU UPGRADE FOR OWN DELL 2300 (LUV IT TOO!)...AND I HAPPENED UPON A SITE: WWW. InSPECS.COM WHICH SCANNED MY PC, GAVE ME ALL THE INFO ON MY DELL AND CAN UP WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCESSOR UPGRADE:...INTEL P4 2.8GHz 400MHz FSB, 478PIN, 512K NORTHWOOD CPU OEM, 400 FRONT SIDE BUS, sSPEC# SL7EY. THEY SELL IT FOR $220.....BUT I SAW ONE IN EBAY FOR $100. THE CPU IS AN INTEL PENTIUM WHICH IS FASTER THAN THE 1.8GHz CELERON I CURRENTLY HAVE....HOPE THIS INFO HELPS YA...GOOD LUCK, DRAGONDAVE

Wireless Isp

Hi, All You Pc Techs! Here's Me Question, I Connect To The Internet Via The Phone Company. How Do I Connect Via Wireless Thru My Desktop Pc, So I Can Cancel The Ph. Service....do I Need To Get Service Thru A Cell Phone. And Will I Have To Buy A Wireless Card Or What?? Thanks, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back