Dell dimension e3100 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelOfLighT

dell dimension e3100 question?
i have that for 2 years.
i have a video card chipset family ect.
i want to know if i can upgrade it. or do something , i cant play new games.
or its better to save money buy a new one, or buy playstation3?

i have dell dimension e3100 need help i need to know how can i upgrade it to ply toda

i have dell dimension e3100 need help i need to know how can i upgrade it to ply todays game

AngelOfLighT said:
i have dell dimension e3100 need help i need to know how can i upgrade it to ply todays game
You can't.
You can make it better with a dedicated graphics card if you don't have one. Either a PCI or a PCIex1.
X1550
FX5000 series

Don't make multiple threads for the same problem. Just messes things up. Anyways, back to the problem.Your PC only has a PCI Express x1 slot and two PCI slots. The best available for it in that case, is this card.

There is not much you can upgrade on that model of Dell, without cost.
I do not have one in front of me, but as I recall, this is a Budget Home computer without a Video graphics card. It has an onboard (integrated) video graphics port, but does have PCI-express slots.

It has a maximum of 800 front side bus.

This means you could add a PCI-Express 1x Video card, provided it would match the level of output of the power supply.

The computer was sold in both Celeron and Pentium 4 models, and was sold with either 256 mb or 512 mb memory. It has a capacity for 2 GB of memory. This indicates you could add a mid to lower level PCI-Express video graphics card and be happier... if you maxed out the memory with two 1 GB modules of DDR2 PC4200.

I do not know what power supply you have, but you would likely need to use a power supply calculator to determine whether a given video card would work with that power supply, once you have the information off the power supply label.

Cost to upgrade memory and video graphics: $150 to $200.

When you are done, you will still not have a great gaming machine, but you will have improved what you have by a great deal, and gaming would be a lot more fun.

That one requires 2 slots if that makes a difference? low-profile in a mid case? Your probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back