TechSpot

Dell Forums?

By squarepegger
Dec 17, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If this post needs to be moved to a different forum, please do so and let me know.

Problem: I can't connect to the Dell user forums at URL POSTS FORBIDDEN TO NEW USERS, although I can otherwise make my way around the Dell web site OK. I used to be able to visit and search the Dell forums without any problems.

I use OpenDNS and can't even remember what my ISP's original DNS IP address settings were. I didn't have problems getting to the Dell forums after I switched to OpenDNS. The OpenDNS error I now get says "You tried to visit URL POSTS FORBIDDEN TO NEW USERS, which is not loading." I also get a similar message when I click on the Dell Forums link URL POSTS FORBIDDEN TO NEW USERS on the Dell Support Home Page.

I have read that Dell has done something to "improve" their forum web site.

I live in Uruguay and wonder if Dell has shut the English language forums to foreigners. I've tried a VPN with a US exit node and I still can't connect to the Dell forums. I get a 502 Proxy Error when I use the VPN. The error message comes from OpenDNS.

Anyone else having problems visiting Dell forums? Anyone have a work-around? Tnx.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.