Dell Inspiron 1300 refuses to charge

By stephenrb
Apr 29, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have a dell inspiron 1300, the battery is in good working condition, the charger is also good. Apparently the mother is not taking charge, what shud i do? :(
  2. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

The battery is not in good working condition. Replace it. If less than a year old, get it replaced under warranty.
    there is a chip in the battery that counts the number of charges. When it reaches a secret maximum it will disallow any more charges. It is a safety feature. It keeps Michael Dell's money safe.
  3. stephenrb

stephenrb Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i tried the battery on another laptop work fine, i think i find the problem, where the cord plugs on the laptop is slack, can i try another charger?
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

Chip on a Dell battery? Are you joking? If there is - this is a real scam.

I would change the battery. Next step - change the charger, third step take the laptop to a shop and get the internal voltage circuits checked.
  5. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Could be the power adapter. They have a bad habit of going bad secretly.
  6. stephenrb

stephenrb Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i have a multimeter so i my just try to test to see if the circuits working fine...haha one of my friends surge protecter gave out, resulted in sparks goin off within his system what should i tell him :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.