Dell Inspiron 1501 screen problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I received a trojan horse dropper bravix B and had to reformat the hard drive. I used the OS disc and the drivers disc provided. I loaded the drivers in the sequence advised by dell. Following this the machine did not work properly so i downloaded the drivers using the computer tag. this included a BIOS update. All now appears ok except the screen. The screen appears to have gone to wide screen ( the bbc web site used to have to blank strips either side and now it is on the whole screen distorting the picture.)

The screen I have is a 15.4" wide screen XGA TFT with truelife 1280X800

When i go into display properties on the control pannel this is what I see

SETTINGS
Screen resolution (I am unable to adjust this other than to either min 800x600 or max 1024x768. There is no middle adjustment like on my wife's laptop.
ADVANCED
General- Normal size (96 DPI)
Adaptor- Information
Chip type, DAC Type, Mem Size, Adaptor string, DIOS info (all have unavailable next to them)
PROPERTIES- General tab
VgaSave
Device Type-Non plug and play drivers
Manufaturer- unknown
Location- unknown
The device is working properly
Drivers tab
Service name- VgaSave
Display name- VgaSave
Status- Stated
Startup- System
Resourse tab-Resourse settings
I/O Range 03B0-03BB
I/O Range 03E0-03DF
Memory- 000A000B-000BFFFF
(all these 3 under resourse appear to have a "No entry sign to the left)

Conflicting device list
Include all listed in the resourse settings above with "used by PCI to PCI bridge" written next to them

MONITOR
Monitor type- Default monitor
Screen refresh rate- Use Hardware default settings
TROUBLESHOOT
Hardware acceleration set on full

I hope that with this info that you can assist me in putting things with my screen back as it was

Thanking you in anticipation

Bob

No worries I have fixed it. I went into device manager and there was one that was not working. I used the widows to search for a compatible one. and it fixed it

Regards

Bab

Okay, I'm new to this forum and only moderately computer literate. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 that I had to completely reformat after a failed Vista update completely shut down my computer. After a good friend help me get my stuff using DOS, we had to completely reinstall with the CDs that came with the computer. Now when I view something like a video the screen will either go black or look like wallpaper and not come back on. I have to completely shut down and then turn it back on. Can anyone help me with this problem? I have updated the graphics driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back