Dell Inspiron 1501 Screen Resolution problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dell Inspiron 1501 recently encountered a resolution problem. The native resolution used to be 1280x1024, but now i only have a choice of either 1024x768 or 800x600. Can anyone tell me which driver I would have to replace, or where I would have to look to fix this problem?

A friend told me to find my start up disc and just reinstall the drivers through there, that is now my first choice plan of action.

Hi

try going into device manager and removing the entry for the video card, then reboot, windows should find and reinstall the drivers for it, do the same for any monitors listed in device manager.

I just turned on my laptop, the screen resolution has raised to 1280x800, still need to get it to 1280x1024. where is the device manager located? under control panel? im running XP home edition service pack 2 if that helps

thank you, i know it was a stupid question but this laptop is running on 3 yrs old and i havent performed a full back up in a while so im just really nervous about tampering with anything and trying to make sure i do everything right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back