Dell Inspiron 1526 no display from cold boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell inspiron 1526 running 32 bit Windows Vista. I've had it for about 2 years, and since about a month ago, when I power on, the lights and fans come on, but no display shows. I can even hear the hard drive spinning. This happens every time I try to cold boot.

So I shut it off, then turn it on again. I go through this process about 20-40 times, and my computer suddenly turns on and runs normally. It behaves the same with or without the battery in. It will also randomly crash and just power off. No reboot or blue screens. And occasionally, my date and time settings will be off when I finally get the computer running.

The only conclusion I have came to is that it could be a failing component, just not sure which one it is. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

try hooking an up an external display to see if you still get video. the fact that the date and time are off could indicate that the system battery is failing. however, if the board is not working properly the battery is pointless to replace.

Hey,

I have been having exactly the same problem as you where. And I've had the laptop, same model inspiron 1526, for almost 2 years as well... can't get it to start anymore and I've been pressing the power button for some time now. It began with serveral times where it took only 1 or 2 boots and then my date and time would be off but now it got really bad I managed to start it about a week ago and saved all my files on a harddrive but then it shut down by its self and now I can't get it to start.

So did you find a way to solve the probem?

Thanks,
Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back