TechSpot

Dell Inspiron 2200 Screen Shot

By jrh0828
Mar 26, 2010
  1. Which combination of keys do I use for a screen shot on the Dell Inspiron 2200?

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,374   +167

You can capture a screen shot on any Windows computer by hitting Print Screen key. (look on top row, right of function keys). Some keyboards might abbreviate it something like PrtSc. This "copies" the screen image. Then just Paste it into a program like Start->Accessories->Paint

3. jrh0828

jrh0828 TS Rookie Topic Starter

This was way to easy. Because the 'Prnt scrn' key has another function, 'SysRq", I thought a key combination would be necessary to do the screen shot.

Thank you very much.

4. kollkolen

kollkolen TS Rookie

Unfortunately, if the machine doesn't come with a PC Restore partition, reinstall everything is what Dell users used to do.it Sounds like you did not install the notebook system software. It's available at the Dell download site for your computer. It was supposed to be installed with the chip-set driver before all the other drivers.

5. jrh0828

jrh0828 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Your answer is much too technical, and incorrect. As another responder told me, all I had to do was hit the Prnt Scrn key and paste the screen shot into what ever document or email I want.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.