Dell Inspiron 6000 battery power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell and can say I have left it on for long periods of time, sometimes until the power is drained and it shuts down. Recently I have noticed the power slowing down as I have fully charged it multiple times. It used to max out at 2 hours but has slowly made it's way to 20 minutes. I also found myself recentlyangling the AC cord in the back to keep a steady charge. The cord became harder to connect over time as well. Before you know it my CPU was dead but my AC power cord remained green. Is there a chance my battery is dead and needs replaced or I need a better AC pwer cord Connection. Or could it be something worse?

The DC Jack (where you plug in the AC adapter) may be broken inside the laptop. The battery may also be worn out

i'm seconding tmagic on likely a DC jack problem. have seen this problem occur on several Inspirons. It's an issue of someone re-soldering the connection to motherboard in the laptop. fyi... i've seen repair places offer this as a fixed price service to get it all soldered and workin again for about $125 (including warranting the work for a period of time) maybe you'll find better/different pricing.

Yes LookinAround,
I have replaced or repaired many model DC Jacks over the last 2 years. If the laptop is owned or used by someone under 30 years, the DC Jacks take a real beating. Most all brand laptops from Toshiba, Sony, Dell and HP are affected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back