Dell Inspiron B130 Dead Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my problem:

Yeah, so I replaced my fan, b/c it was really loud and it was off it's rotar. I opened my Dell Inspiron B130 and replaced it, it was working fine, except for a blue screen that came up, BSOD, but then I restarted it and it was fine. It was running fine, until my computer froze and then I pressed Ctrl +Alt+ Del and then when that didn't work I pressed Fn+standby, thinking it'd fix the problem, but then I ended up pressing the power button and shut down the computer.

Now that I try to turn it on it doesnt turn on at all. The power light and the three lights at the top of the keyboard flash green and nothing happens. I checked everything, all of the connections and everything like 3 times. I'm hoping I didn't screw up my computer.....I really need help with this. I think it's a power problem? And hoping it's not a motherboard problem, b/c it's not turning on at all.

I recently found out that the motherboard is fried.

I just wanted to know if there's anyway for me to fix a dead/fried motherboard, looking at my laptop motherboard, nothing seemed to have blown/been fried. It may have been static electricity, I'm not sure.

Thanks, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Gorcon said:
: Yeah, so I replaced my fan, b/c it was really loud and it was off it's rotar The power light and the three lights at the top of the keyboard flash green and nothing happens. .

Usual cause is a badly seated component caused when you stripped it down to replace the fan, restrip the laptop and make sure any boards are pushed in correctly and any wiring looms are seated securely.

Gorcon said:
: I recently found out that the motherboard is fried. .

Was that before you posted this or after it which makes the thread incidental/

Gorcon said:
: I just wanted to know if there's anyway for me to fix a dead/fried motherboard, .

Not unless your an expert with a soldering iron and a test meter and a degree in laptop mainboard repair.

Regards

Yep. I definately am not a soldering iron/test meter expert or motherboard repair expert :p

Yeah, but I found it was fried before I posted this thread. I tried asking for help on Elder Geek XP forum and they helped me to the best of their ability.

I went back recently and tried to see if anything was misplaced/not in tight, but found nothing. Additionally, I couldn't see anything that was fried/damaged (but I'm no expert). A friend of mine said that the reason I can't see any damage is because it may have been static electricity causing it to fry.

You can see my specific problem if you type in "Dell Inspiron B130 not turning on" into Google and you'll find my thread and I posted exactly what I did. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to post the link in this thread.

Do you know anycost-effective/cheap ways for me to fix my motherboard? Do you know any place that would be able to fix my motherboard for a good price?

Thanks alot, I really appreciate your help.

Gorcon, the only way to fix the MB if it is truly fried is to replace it, some good MB can be had cheap if u look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back