Dell Inspiron e1505 won't power on

I hope I am posting in the right section of the forum.

I have a Dell Inspiron e1505 notebook (laptop). it now won't power on!

I checked if my power adapter has a problem, but my power adapter works fine when connected to my friend's laptop.

When I switch on the power, the LED lamp on adapter is glowing green. As soon as I insert the adapter pin into my laptop, the LED turns off! And no LED on laptop would ever blink.

Can somebody please guide me? Thank you!

Lots of folks are having trouble with the power socket for the adapter cable breaking loose from the board. Does your jack wiggle at all or otherwise feel loose?

Also, that Dell model has a lot of trouble with the inverter to the screen burning out. Everything will light up except the screen. A new inverter costs $5 to $9, but takes some work to install.

thanks for the reply raybay.

I am almost convinced that there is no issue with the power adapter. Also after inserting the pin from the adapter into the laptop body, absolutely no LED on the laptop panel lights up at all! As I insert the pin, the LED on the adapter which was earlier green, would go off!

moving(wiggling) the power pin does not make any difference. I checked in there is electric current in adapter pin-it shows ON. I checked for electrical leakage and surprisingly on all the metallic parts of my laptop, the current is leaking (low voltage).

Does this indicate that either the power supply unit (jack) on the system board is bad or the motherboard is fried?

Back