Dell Inspiron laptop IE page will not open

By PFHappy
Jan 24, 2008
  1. Hi!

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop 1501 and it is in an almost new condition even thought it is over a year old. I recently did a bunch of virus scans, thinking I had a virus, or I was afraid I had one. After all the scans, I had no virus or trojans at all. I ran a powerful program called SDFix. After that last scan, I lost my wireless connection - my IE page won't open.

In device Manager, under Networking, I have 2 listings - no red x's or anything:
    1 - Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Minicard
    2. - Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

There is a strong signal in the green bars in the tray... no problem finding the signal. Just that IE won't open up to a page. I also have this Dell Network Assistant and when asked to connect, it says I have no problem at all.

Can you please help me? I would appreciate it so much.
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

You are probably going to benefit from a tech or an experienced friend. SDRix has damaged some of your install, and fixing it is not easy for the uninitiated. Were it my machine, I would simply reformat and reinstall using the recovery/restore disk that came with the machine.
  3. NameBrandHuman

NameBrandHuman TS Rookie Posts: 34

So the IE wont open at all or your getting a blank page? If you are getting a blank page there are a couple things i can suggest. The page not opening at all makes me think that there is some sort of software or running process keeping it from opening!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.