TechSpot

Dell Inspiron n5010 XP drivers

By uzmania
Nov 27, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. hi!
    i wanted to ask if i can downgrade my dell inspiron currently running on windows 7 to xp but some IT guy told me that it will not support my laptop. is that true?
    if not then where can i get xp drivers for my laptop?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,065   +169

The IT guy is probably right. At least, you may have big trouble installing the ACHI Sata driver because XP doesn't have them. The SATA drivers can be "slipstreamed" to an XP install disc, but this will take some knowledge that you may not understand

3. uzmania

uzmania TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

hhhmmmm. . .ok thnx i am beginning to get used to window 7. . although it has been giving BSODs

4. ranjith236

ranjith236 TS Rookie

Hi
    Here is the link for Dell Inspiron N5010 XP Drivers

www [dot] a2zdrivers.co.cc/2011/04/dell-inspiron-n5010-xp-drivers [dot] html

5. Tmagic650

6. ranjith236

ranjith236 TS Rookie

Thanks Dude

this links works fine

7. Tmagic650

No problem ranjith236,
    after you post a few more times you will be able to post links properly :)

8. kristain

kristain TS Rookie Posts: 52

Go to Dell - Select your location from the top left drop-down menu. Then selet your support category and navigate your way to your product. Note the > Drivers and Downloads category in the left-hand menu.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.