Dell Inspiron no bootable devices

I'll start this off by saying I know very little about computers.

My dell inspiron laptop got stepped on the other day. When I opened it up i noticed the screen badly cracked, and the following message appeared:

Internalt for multi core processors will be disabled.

No bootable devices--strike f1 to retry boot, f2 for setup utility. press f5 to run onboard diagnostics.

Upon first trying to run onboard diagnostics, it would work well for about ten minutes, tell me they had discovered no issues, but then ask if i wanted it to keep checking farther. After checking farther, the process would run for hours without yielding a conclusion.

After hearing that wasn't a good sign, I tried to install an old version of windows xp. It seemed like it was reading the disk, and after about five minutes it informed me it was going to try to start running windows. Then a message came up on the screen reading:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

From people who I have talked to, it seems like the laptop is beyond repair. I was just wondering if anyone could confirm this, or offer any other suggestions.

Back