Dell Inspiron S and D keys acting up

Hi
I am experiencing keyboard issue ,if some1 can help I would appreciate it.

I have problem with keys "S" and "D" ,as you see they are not completely dead,at least so far till I toss the whole thing out of the window while I am writing this lol

Sometime they get unresponsive a bit, D works fine but S doesn't,than the D bugs, but S works,than they work ok for a minute,but that does not last long

I test them in notepad holding them down,and when I release them they continue to write a bit,tho they ain't stuck,I even removed them to check for dirt ,but its all fine looking

No dirt,and so random,that I figure its not physical issue
I kinda use that buttons a lot for games

Also this problem came up after I was installing some programs - Rainmeter and some skins for it , Avast Antivirus
No idea if it has to do with them ,but I uninstalled them anyway...I also uninstalled keyboard driver from device manager ,allowing windows to install new ones after reboot......Did not help :(

You may have to remove the keyboard and re-seat the connector into the motherboard connector

By re-seat ,you mean remove the keyboard,pull the cable out of motherboard,and just place it back?
By the way,I've been watching some removing keyboard videos...is it needed to remove the screws behind the battery or not? I am using dell inspiron 1750

Yes, some laptops have a few screws to remove to release the keyboard. You may be able to get the service manual from the Dell support site. It will show you how to remove the keyboard

Hey , well I have done what you said, was bit tricky cuz the outer plastic has to click correctly etc
But it didnt help :( till having the same issue with same two buttons,no idea what to try next

Back