Dell inspiron wont start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to turn the computer on it lights up for a few seconds then turns off , the only light that says on is the battery light ( when ac is plugged in other wise nothing is on . I was having a similar problem when the ram was loose that was fixed yesterday ( instead of the battery light being on it was flashing every 10 sec or so ) . Do you think its still the ram? Ive taken it out and put it back in a few times because I though that was the issue but that didn't fix the problem .

The two incidents are likely related.
Remove and reseat the memory module one more time... which you have probably tried.
Three possibilities: You bent part of the memory socket. You rendered the memory unusable by introducing static electricity into it with your hands. or there was another problem in addition to the initial memory error.

raybay said:
The two incidents are likely related.
Remove and reseat the memory module one more time... which you have probably tried.
Three possibilities: You bent part of the memory socket. You rendered the memory unusable by introducing static electricity into it with your hands. or there was another problem in addition to the initial memory error.

i looked at the memory socket and it didn't look like it was bent , i read somewhere to touch something metal to prevent static electricity , I'm sure replacing the memory wouldn't hurt since there was only 512mb of ram .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back