Dell Inspiron won't turn on

Hi everyone, i just bought a Dell Inspiron 1564 laptop delivered on friday 31/07/10
I started it up for the first time yesterday and it worked fine. Today i was using the laptop and all of a sudden the screen went black and i heard a buzzing noise comming from the laptop, so i tried crl-Alt-Del nothing happened so i just switched it off. Now the thing will not start at all. there are three lights on the bottom of the keyboard a power light a battery light and another light with a picture that looks like a round drum. When i press the power button the power light and the drum light flick on then off. i can hear a very slight click come from the laptop but nothing else no fan no screen nothing. I'm going to contact Dell customer support but there not open on Sunday.

Does anyone know what this might be?. I've waited ages for Dell to deliver this laptop and it's broke in less than 24 hours !!

Thanks to anyone that posts.

Edit: i have tried removing all leads and battery. i also tried to turn it on with no battery and just the power lead but still no luck !!

Hi

HDD failed...

Mobo gone bad

such a pity Dell's are usually quite good laptops...you have just been unlucky

dont do anything to it and call dell on monday.

Thanks for the reply Ididmyc600, im going to call them fist thing in the morning,
just a quick question do you think they will replace it or repair it ?

I'm hoping to get it replaced seen as it has only lasted three hours.

Back