Dell intros colorful AMD-based nettop, Inspiron Zino HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Dell has rolled out a colorful series of small form-factor PCs, the Inspiron Zino HD, which brings Windows-based competition to Apple's Mac mini. The new nettop measures 7.8" x 7.8" x 3.4", weighs 3.53lbs and offers a bit more muscle than your average Atom-based machine.

The Inspiron Zino HD houses a 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650E processor (up to 1.8GHz AMD X2), Radeon HD 3200 integrated graphics (or Radeon HD 4330 512MB), 2GB of DDR2 800MHz RAM (up to 8GB), a 320GB 7200RPM HDD (up to 1TB), a DVD burner (or Blu-ray drive), and Windows 7 Home Premium (or Professional) X64. Other specifications include 802.11n Wi-Fi, four USB ports, an eSATA port, a headphone jack, a four-in-one memory card reader, and VGA as well as HDMI-out.

Dell's mini desktop is currently listed on the company's Ireland site, and doesn't appear to be available in the US just yet. Prices start at 329 euros and climbs up to about 950 euros with maxed out hardware.

Permalink to story.

Neat lil box! I'm deffinately not the demographic this is marketed towards, but there are some ladies in my family that it would serve well.

A pity the Blu-ray option is another 150 euro. Blu-ray drives really are cheaper than this. I'm still waiting for a reasonably prices blu-ray nettop.

On the other hand, the dual core option is just 30 euro more, and I think it's worth going for.

These are pretty cool mini-boxes, I think. I would imagine that they will be made available for the holidays.

I love these kind of compact technologies ! Neat clean and powerful ;) Still better then my 5 year old desktop :D But i like to watch movies a lot and having this would be awesome , you can just easily carry this over and presto ;)

Missing TV tuner. Then this baby would be the ideal for my living room to run Windows 7 Media Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back