Dell laptop works slow after about 20 mins or so of online gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a Dell Laptop right now (As I have no other good choices) and, after about 20mins (Give or take) of playing online games, it starts to pause/freeze. It's not permanent, it ends after about 2 minutes, but it gets annoying after a while.

I'm looking for help to see if anyone knows how to stop this or If I just have to get a new computer, or just live with it.

Further notes: I have Automatic Updates Disabled (But this has been happening before it)
I use Satellite internet (Because there is nothing else out here other than Dial-up)
This does not happen on browser games, and the laptop works fast every other time.
And, I have 10/298GB's taken up on the laptop.

Is the fan working on the laptop? Could be an overheating issue. Download Speedfan from the download section and check your temps. How much ram do you have installed?

Average Temperatures:
HD0 : 32C
Core 0 : 51~52C
Core 1 : 53C

In-game Temperatures after about 20mins (When it starts to lag)
HD0 : 35C
Core 0 : 85C
Core 1 : 87C

I found out it is caused by the laptop overheating. I'm going to try and get some things to help cool it down when I'm playing. Thanks for the help!

Well best thing you can do is to get a cooling pad ... specially if that model have air vents at the bottom side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back