Dell Latitude 1001 - won't post

Hi guys. Got a Dell Latitude 1001 and I have a problem. It won't post if the mains charger is plugged in. Kind of a pain in the backside as the battery only has a 5 min life haha

Works fine on battery life, but not on mains. Tried 3 different chargers and no luck.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Remove the battery and try only the AC adapter. If it still won't post, the charging circuits on the motherboard might be damaged, and you can guess what that means

Remove the battery and try only the AC adapter. If it still won't post, the charging circuits on the motherboard might be damaged, and you can guess what that means

Yeah still doesn't post. It switches on and displays only a small flashing line top left corner of the screen as if it's waiting to boot from a device

If it had a decent battery with say 2 hours life, I could leave it off to charge and then once fully charged, unplug it and use it off the battery

"displays only a small flashing line top left corner of the screen as if it's waiting to boot from a device"...

This is so weird. I would expect to pass POST to get to this flashing. I have seen shorted batteries and bad hard drives create this, but never from connecting an AC adapter

"displays only a small flashing line top left corner of the screen as if it's waiting to boot from a device"...

This is so weird. I would expect to pass POST to get to this flashing. I have seen shorted batteries and bad hard drives create this, but never from connecting an AC adapter

Ah right.That's what I thought. I have tried it without the battery plugged in with just the AC, same problem. Very strange. If I can't get it working, will probably use the parts to build up my Dell Latitude D610.

Back