Dell Latitude D600 video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneio

Hi guys I've got a Dell D600 laptop just finished reinstalling all the software, drivers etc. come accross a bit of a problem, if I install the video driver (ati mobility 9000)
then the laptop will only output video to an external monitor. It boots up windows splash screen etc on the laptops screen but then as soon as windows kicks in the screen goes black and it switches to the VGA port on the laptop.

However If i then go into safe mode and uninstall the driver the laptop will then boot as normal.

The laptop used to belong to an office and was mostly sat in a docking station could this be a factor?

Ive tried FN + F8 and its not doing anything other than making a black line on the screen, any ideas ?

Cheeeeeers!

try entering the bios setup by pressing f2 during the boot post screen.
there is an option to set the default video output (something like onboard / docking - depends on the model).

yeh there is an option in there to change the video output from system or docked, however they both seem to do the same thing and default back to the VGA output which is really weird

you did a clean re-install? if not tried with a new/different user profile?
did you download the driver from dell? which version?

It was a clean install of windows, all the drivers have been downloaded from dell's website, fault only occurs if i try to boot up with the drivers installed

haha this is rediculous i spent nearly 2 days trying to fix this problem and reading up on forums only to find that the little plastic switch (that gets pressed when you close the lid) was stuck in lol

i was nearly ready to chuck the thing out the window lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back