Dell Latitude D620 monitor not turning on

MysterioMask

I was scanning a Dell Latitude D620 for viruses, and left it at work overnight, when i came back in the morning, the monitor on the laptop was black, i hard shut down the computer and pulled the battery out, ive tried function keys, but i cannot get the monitor to turn back on. Is there some trick or function key or something to getting this monitor to turn back on?

Also plugged another monitor into it and that monitor didnt turn on either.

Remove the battery and AC adapter again. Hold the power button down for 1 minute and try powering up the laptop

removed both, held the button down with neither in, replaced both held the button in, power looks like its on, but still nothing on the monitor. Also now if i try powering it up normally like 40% of the time it will turn on and click off in about 15 seconds.

I removed the harddrive. and turned it on, it looks like it tries to turn on and i see the power button on but hear no beeps or anything and to shut it off i just have to hit the power and it near immediatly turns off rather than having to hold it down for a few seconds to shut if off.

A couple things to know about what happened that might help. I was running a malwarebytes scan overnight. Came back the next day and it was off and couldnt get it back on. Found out that the power went out that night because the clock was flashing. I had other computers that were on as well and they seemed fine from the power outage, one was a laptop another was a desktop hooked up to a battery backup. The dell laptop was plugged into a surge protector, and the battery was inside the laptop at the time. Since the big desktop was still on due to a battery backup and the other laptop was on that means the power outage couldnt have lasted that long. Could this have had anything to do with the problem? 2ndly I found out today that previously this laptops motherboard had to be replaced because it failed before.

Thought any extra info might help.

Left it alone for a week while i did other things. Came back to it the other day and it booted up fine no problems, not sure why but at least its working now.

I got the same issue, any help would be appreciated.. I removed the case and hard drive.. my laptop wouldn't turn on now.. 15 seconds I see the lights and it turns off..

It's old, may be time for a new laptop... The repair cost might be more that the laptop is worth

Last edited:
Back