TechSpot

Dell launches its slim and stylish XPS 15z notebook

By Jos
May 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. After weeks of teasing Dell has finally launched the XPS 15z, a 15.6-inch notebook inspired on the now-defunct Adamo line, but instead of gunning for the MacBook Air at least…

Read the whole story
  2. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 955   +49

OOOO... PURDY... lol. I'm impressed by the additional configuration options actually, it'd be nice if Dell and other manufactures had those kinds of options for some of ther other systems at that screen size.

edit: eh... I looked at the system on Dell's website, and the actual abilty to customize is severely limited. Aside from the screen you have to pick one of their options to get say more ram or the faster processor.
  3. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 354   +38

If I remember correctly, the adamo was like this too. Bad call by dell. I just wish that they could make the same exact model, but with the option of a gt 555m 1.5gb ddr5 and an i7 2.0 Ghz w/turbo boost to 2.9Ghz.
  4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

always following the footsteps, never ahead. how about come out with a product that outpaces the macbook pro, and not imitate it. a lot of people like myself already went out and purchased the Macbook pro and turned it into a full on PC laptop.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.