TechSpot

Dell M6300 compatibility

By zee3b
Mar 22, 2008
  1. Hey guys,

I want to know if this wireless card will work with my laptop (Dell Precision M6300)
    Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n/g/b MX846 Broadcom.

Thanks.

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

there are only TWO types of slots in laptops:

PCMCIA or Express

determine which you have then get the appropriate card.

wow.... my 8,000th post.....

3. zee3b

zee3b TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 36

That card is not external but an internal one.

4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

????

With laptops there is no such thing as a swappable internal wifi card. There are only EXTERNAL wifi or cell-fi cards that you plug in via an express slot or a PCMCIA slot.

On some Very high end laptops you can swap out graphics, but this is quite uncommon and these machines cost big $.

According to your system, your laptop uses EXPRESS slots. You will need a card that uses your Express port.

and why would you get a wifi card when your laptop has one built in? You already have wifi!

5. zee3b

zee3b TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 36

There was no wifi with it...so I need a wireless card and this laptop already cost bme big
    And this is the card I was talking about
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dell-Wirele...ryZ45000QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

6. DellCA

DellCA TS Rookie Posts: 16

Yes, the Dell Wireless 1505 mini-card will work just fine in your M6300. The only potential problem is if your system did not ship with the antennae. In the past if you ordered a Dell notebook without an internal wireless card the antennae were not included. I believe that is no longer the case, but I am not 100% sure on that.

To install the wireless card just follow the instructions in the service manual for the M6300. If you have any questions for me about installing the card I will be happy to help.

Larry
    Dell Customer Advocate

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.