Dell Mini screen goes black after installing drivers

By PCJunkster
Aug 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. So my dad gave me a Dell Mini Inspiron 910. It worked fine, but it was really slow and I wanted to restore it back to factory settings. I was looking around with it one day and I believe I deleted a windows file.. It wouldn't boot past the BIOS. So, the other day I was trying to figure out how to do it. No disc drive.. nothing. I put the OS on a thumb drive and reinstalled everything. It worked! no internet though, nothing. When I got home from school today I downloaded all the drivers on my desktop, put them on a thumb drive and went one by one installing them on the net book. Then the mouse froze while a driver was installing. I tryed to shut it down. & I'm not sure what I did. but it finally shut down. I went to turn it back on.. and the screen is black. but the lights are on. I tried taking the battery out, and holding the power button down. NOTHING works. Any suggestions?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.