1. thinking about getting a dell optiplex gx270 3ghz
    i wonder if someone knows anything about them
    is it a good computer, can i upgrade what are my limitations
    i cant find much info since i haven't purchased it yet
    trying to get a heads up
    thanks

2. ChinoNYC

ChinoNYC TS Enthusiast Posts: 85

Memory limit is 4 GB, 3 PCI connectors, 1 AGP connector (8x/4x at 1.5 V), 2 bays that will fit 1-inch-high HDDs, 8 USB ports (2 front-view, 6 in the rear).

As far as the CD/DVD drive is concerned, you should upgrade to a slim combo CD-RW/DVD-RW if it doesn't have one, some come with built-in CD-RW support but can only read DVDs. Keep that in mind when you do further research on it. All in all, should be your basic business app computer. I wouldn't really put too much into using it as a gaming setup, far better options out there.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

Whether it is good or not is dependant on what you want to use it as, and how much you are looking to spend. I wouldn't spend over $100 for it, but it may be worth as much as $150.

4. ChinoNYC

Yeah, I'd say the most you should pay for it is around the $150-175 range, no more. It should also have at least a 80GB HDD. Anything around 100 GB or more should be fine for $175.

5. eyemfedup2

eyemfedup2 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 69

attracted to 3ghz mainly surfing the web fast downloads and burning dvds usb of course on this computer I'm sure
    have a fick7mnf-64 mobo with amd sempron 3000+ barton core cpu
    but seems like i have to push it to the limit to get 2ghz out of it
    would dell be better for my purpose no games i know weirdo
    can you modify gx270 much both only have 2gb ram max if I'm not mistaken
    any opinion would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

6. ChinoNYC

Max RAM is 4 GB DDR SDRAM, and with 4 slots available on the board, you would need to insert 4 x 1 GB Non-ECC 333- or 400-MHz DDR SDRAM.

7. eyemfedup2

eyemfedup2 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 69

so up and up is better than what i have with the fic

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.