Dell Optiplex GX620 tag# 43dnv91

cableman

I am having a hard time finding the specs on this model. It is the smallest Optiplex GX620 that they make. I need to know specs on memory, what is the limit on processor upgrade, etc.

This was the closest post I could find for this request.. This computer has no slots at all for adding any card. It has built into the motherboard audio, 25 pin printer port, 9 pin port, ethernet, 5 usb on back and 2 on front with head phone and microphone jacks, only a dvi port for monitor NO VGA without use of adapter, and the power supply uses a model DA-2.

Please help with any info or where to find info. I keep getting info on the larger case models. I need to know memory type and speed to install and what is the highest performance processor I can use. The hard drive has been removed but from the cables it takes a sata hard drive. Really small case with not much room. Only 2 RAM memory slots.

I hate these small cases but I got stuck with several and I need to get them running to get my investment back. Please help!!

Here is the Spec Sheet From Dell. It is for all GX620 series but aside from expansion slots or lack thereof and case the basic motherboards / chipsets are all the same, it also has notations for SFF specific Specs. The Chipset is an intel 945G which theoretically can take up to a 800 or 1066mhz FSB conroe / allendale core 2 duo although those are not listed on the Dell supported list and Dell's are notorious for not doing well with unsupported upgrades not to mention that the SFF case could be a limiting factor. The Ram is DDR2 2 DIMM slots with 4GB max (2GB per slot).

Back