Dell Precision 390

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dell Precesion 390 workstation that I need to ugrade the CPU in, does anyone know what processors the motherboard will accept?

You have not told us what motherboard is installed, now which processor. They differ in some Del Precisions... or give us the Service Tag

the service tag for my system is 1FN2LC1, the motherboard says it is made by Dell, but I could not find a part number on it.

Dell Precision WorkStation 390, Built 02/21/2007
Processor 6300 1.86, 2M, Core Duo Conroe Burn2; Windows XP 64 Bit; 160 GB HDD; Graphics Card, 1 GB DIMM, Office Pro.

I would not upgrade the processor. It is good, and you will have a difficult time getting more performance out of another processor on that motherboard; not to mention the difficulty of matching the processor to the system that is 64 Bit.
Workstations are built for ruggedness and continous operation, for as long as 24 hours a day. They are somewhat restricted in high speed in order to give the long term stability. They are simply not intended to run like Dimensions or Optiplex models, but are very, very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back