TechSpot

Dell readies new Studio XPS notebooks with Optimus

By Jos
Oct 18, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Dell is reportedly getting ready to update its XPS series with a trio of notebooks featuring Intel’s latest processors and Nvidia graphics. According to Logicbuy, which appears to have obtained some official press photos, the new Studio XPS systems feature a brushed aluminum casing, HD WLED displays, a HM57 (Calpella) motherboard, Core i3/i5/i7 processor options, a DVD or Blu-ray drive, support for up to 16GB of RAM, a Skype-certified 720p webcam, JBL designed and certified speakers, a 9-in-1 card reader, and support for Nvidia’s Optimus graphics switching tech.

Read the whole story

2. SilverCider

SilverCider TS Rookie Posts: 71

"or GTS 445M 3GB."

As far as Google will tell me, there isn't even a 3GB GTX 480, what makes nvidia - or the partner who makes these M chips think that a much lower powered mGPU is going to need that much VGA RAM?

lol

3. Regenweald

Regenweald TS Rookie Posts: 143

Just launched, OEM only. A card of these specs will never need 3 gigs of ram but it's a good/desperate marketing ploy to fool customers who just don't know any better. A 1gig 5870 mobile will eat this alive, but 3 is more than 1 to the consumer, isn't it ? ;)