Dell readies new Studio XPS notebooks with Optimus

By Jos
Oct 18, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Dell is reportedly getting ready to update its XPS series with a trio of notebooks featuring Intel’s latest processors and Nvidia graphics. According to Logicbuy, which appears to have obtained some official press photos, the new Studio XPS systems feature a brushed aluminum casing, HD WLED displays, a HM57 (Calpella) motherboard, Core i3/i5/i7 processor options, a DVD or Blu-ray drive, support for up to 16GB of RAM, a Skype-certified 720p webcam, JBL designed and certified speakers, a 9-in-1 card reader, and support for Nvidia’s Optimus graphics switching tech.

Read the whole story
  2. SilverCider

SilverCider Newcomer, in training Posts: 72

"or GTS 445M 3GB."

As far as Google will tell me, there isn't even a 3GB GTX 480, what makes nvidia - or the partner who makes these M chips think that a much lower powered mGPU is going to need that much VGA RAM?

lol
  3. Regenweald

Regenweald Newcomer, in training Posts: 143

Just launched, OEM only. A card of these specs will never need 3 gigs of ram but it's a good/desperate marketing ploy to fool customers who just don't know any better. A 1gig 5870 mobile will eat this alive, but 3 is more than 1 to the consumer, isn't it ? ;)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.