Dell revives Duo brand with premium Windows 8 convertible notebook

By Matthew
Aug 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Dell has joined the ranks of PC makers showcasing hybrid Windows 8 touch devices during IFA this week, and although that's mostly unsurprising, we imagine few expected to see the Duo revived. In mid-2010, the company made headlines over a...

Read more
  2. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 671   +202

Hell...yes. This design was just ahead of its time, and unlike most other companies which never revisit their old innovations, Dell has the brains to bring back the awesome. Not only is Dell steadily regaining its rep for superior build quality but they may well have the best keyboards currently available - yes, possibly better than the newest Thinkpads which are NOT as good as last year's. This with a 7000 series Radeon or 6xx Nvidia would be something else.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Alright, I have to admit, this is pretty awesome.
  4. dotVezz

dotVezz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 117

Woah! It's great to see Dell returning to this design!
  5. 6string55

6string55 Newcomer, in training

The flip screen looks like some thing else to break easy flipping all the time and would not buy any pc with windows 8 on it myself. in my opinion it really sucks, I will stay with windows 7 ultimate
  6. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

You're the third person I see that posts on an article without knowing the context of it. What is this, don't-read-the-article day?

Yeah, that will brake rather easily.
  7. RajeGera

RajeGera Newcomer, in training Posts: 50

Interted users can also check VAIO Duo 11 hybrid slate, VAIO Tap 20 'tabletop' ..yeterday dere was an article on it...sounds interesting 2 me
  8. teribithia

teribithia Newcomer, in training

This is so awesom , we need to spend more 39.99 for these new notebook as old version?
  9. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,865   +345

Thats interesting, but make one with a dedicated GPU...even if its an entry one...
  10. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Can't be all bad with that new stuff inside of it :eek:
  11. 6string55

6string55 Newcomer, in training

hi thanks for your comments I really just looked it over breifly. I liked the machine I was mainly unsure about the hinges that holds the screen in place thanks for clearing that up. I really quit reading when I saw windows 8, I dont know why they can't leave a good OS alone and just upgrade it

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.