TechSpot

Dell rules out return to smartphone business, focuses on Windows 8 and RT

By Jos
Dec 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. After a few mild attempts at breaking into the smartphone market over the past couple of years, Dell has now confirmed they're pulling out of the ring globally and have no intentions to return in the near future.

Read more

2. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,105   +44

Really? For the longest time I wanted a Dell Streak... and never even got to see one in the stores, then I forgot about it because I bought something available in the store. lol is this my fault or retailers?

3. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 892   +133

That's too bad. The Venue Pro was a really sleek looking phone. They could have made some great products if they prioritized and supported.

4. KbloodyK

KbloodyK TS Member Posts: 24

If they tried hard enough and did stuff differently, Dell could potentially be a great computer/tablet/smartphone company. they just got to get themselves together better and reorganize and re-prioritize.

treeski likes this.
  5. Doesn't matter, they would have probably only offered a Windows 8 option anyway.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.