Dell Studio come with Vista disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynamitemonkey

Hi Guys,

I'm getting a dell studio, but want to dual boot with xp. The only thing is I've read its a heck of a lot easier when u have vista disc to repair bootloader. Do you know if the del studio comes with disc, or just HDD partition backup. I haven't seen a clear answer on this so far and if you don't get it its just a pain. You should always get a disc of the OS in my opinion.

Cheers

the dell laptops usually come with a full reinstallation dvd of vista (or other os). its not just a backup. you can reinstall like you would from a dvd you bought from a different software dealer.

Cheers. Friend of mine just found out that it does. His GF just got one. Its hard to find this sort of stuff out. Annoying cause the info you get on what you get with laptop is quite limited. Like what version ofvista is it? 32 or 64 bit?

the version of vista usually is the version you ordered when you bought the laptop. it should be selectable when you configure the laptop online before processing the order.
they have a default option and upgrade (or "downgrade") options with other prices in brackets which you can choose yourself.

dell uk just has vista premium or vista ultimate as options. No info anywhere as to 32 or 64bit. Just curious more than anything, and to be honest im prob gonna install xp anyway, hence the need for vista disc (to repair the bootloader so i can dual boot)

well then you can assume that the version of vista depends on the processor. if it is a 64 processor you might get a 64bit os and if not then not. just to make sure give dell a call. the will tell you by phone because they want to sell something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back