TechSpot

Dell Support Center persistently starts up on boot

By Elliah
May 20, 2008
  1. When I first got my computer I removed the startup entry for Dell Support Center using CrapCleaner...and it didnt start up when I booted up my computer...however, ever since three days ago, Dell Support Center kept popping up even though I repeatedly remove its startup entry...what could be causing this problem? In the first place, is Dell Support Center necessary...should I just uninstall it?

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

I would

And while you're at it, you can uninstall Norton (usually installed) and install AVG Free instead

Actually you may want to run Startup Control Panel and remove any other not required startup program as well

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

I have a Dell laptop that came with way too much trash! I have been successful in removing most of it, including the very pushy Dell Support center. It didn't uninstall completely in Add/Remove Programs, so I ran the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and removed the rest:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.