Dell Taiwan slammed by second pricing mishap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

For the second time in less than one month, Dell’s Taiwan website has overlooked a major pricing error. This time, discounts were being applied to certain CPU configurations on the Latitude E4300. Dell is handing out a 20,000 NT (just over $600) discount to those who ordered the wrongly priced system. The loopy behavior was reportedly discovered yesterday.

Taiwan consumer regulators recently forced the company to honor a pricing mishap, after selling approximately 140,000 19” LCD displays for around $15. In response to the drastic oversights, Dell Taiwan has closed its online store. There is presently no schedule for when the store will reopen.

I think it’s about time the US store has one of these slip-ups – and they should email me when it happens.

Permalink to story.

Looks like "Read the Whole Store" is also written by you, Matthew, and that perhaps you do not read Chinese.

@raybay: Yes, it sure was, and no I sure don't.

Also, semi-off-topic:

It would seem to me that you're somewhat oblivious to the fact that the front page news stories (and comments) have been incorporated into the forum. I tried to PM you about a week back after seeing you speak to a "Guest" as if he were a single registered member "hiding" behind the anonymity of the name. Unfortunately, you don't seem to be accepting private messages - so, here's an open notice for you: Guests are random unregistered individuals, not an individual entity.

Hope that clears up some confusion for you.

I want these kind up mistakes taking place on the Dell Australia store. I would love to get me a new monitor on the cheap!

It looks like you've posted here before, Rick, and perhaps you do not read Chinese.

just sayin...

In all seriousness, this has been a humbling experience for Dell with some hard lessons learned, including the need to respond faster. We've apologized for the errors and are listening to our customers and respect their points of view.

-- JohnPatDell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back