TechSpot

Dell Taiwan slammed by second pricing mishap

By Matthew
Jul 6, 2009
  1. For the second time in less than one month, Dell’s Taiwan website has overlooked a major pricing error. This time, discounts were being applied to certain CPU configurations on the Latitude E4300. Dell is handing out a 20,000 NT (just over $600) discount to those who ordered the wrongly priced system. The loopy behavior was reportedly discovered yesterday.

Read the whole story

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Looks like "Read the Whole Store" is also written by you, Matthew, and that perhaps you do not read Chinese.

3. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,087   +84 Staff Member

@raybay: Yes, it sure was, and no I sure don't.

Also, semi-off-topic:

It would seem to me that you're somewhat oblivious to the fact that the front page news stories (and comments) have been incorporated into the forum. I tried to PM you about a week back after seeing you speak to a "Guest" as if he were a single registered member "hiding" behind the anonymity of the name. Unfortunately, you don't seem to be accepting private messages - so, here's an open notice for you: Guests are random unregistered individuals, not an individual entity.

Hope that clears up some confusion for you.

4. What the **** is that supposed to mean?

5. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 459

I want these kind up mistakes taking place on the Dell Australia store. I would love to get me a new monitor on the cheap!

6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

I second that.

7. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 830

It looks like you've posted here before, Rick, and perhaps you do not read Chinese.

just sayin...

8. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

LOL.

9. In all seriousness, this has been a humbling experience for Dell with some hard lessons learned, including the need to respond faster. We've apologized for the errors and are listening to our customers and respect their points of view.

-- JohnPatDell

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.