Dell unveils a trio of Venue-branded tablets for Android and Windows users

By Shawn Knight
Nov 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Dell has announced a trio of new Venue-branded tablets for both Android and Windows users at its Dell World 2014 event in Austin, Texas.

Read more
  2. Teko03

Teko03 TS Maniac Posts: 302   +104 thanks.
  3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,420   +469

1GB is more than enough for tablet usage, if you want a powerbook, buy one.

The first V8P 3000 looks pretty much the same as last model, the M cored one on the other hand doesn't look that amazing for the steep price they are asking.

I'll end with the Android tablet: pfffft.
  4. B Josephs

B Josephs TS Rookie

What exactly is the selling point on this * new * pro 8? Longer battery time?
  5. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +193

Yeah I'm not sure how they figure their pricing. I'd rather get HP's Stream 8 that has basically identical specs but a free 200MB of cellular data every month and it's $50 cheaper. I guess the Dell tablet nets you the ability to use a stylus, but you have to pay extra for it and from what I hear, they're pretty terrible.
  6. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,295   +663

So the new 7000 series is basically the same as last year's model, and the year before THAT's model..except for the high res screen..except it costs twice as much. Meanwhile, LG has the same thing for $200 or less.
  7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Dat bezel on the 7000...
  8. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Guru Posts: 392   +81

Running Windows 8.1 it is? Not being a smart-alec, just don't personally know and always hear 2gb is the minimum you should have.
  9. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,420   +469

I'd been running W8.1 on a netbook with 1gb of ram, and it's enough. It runs faster than 7.